The 2020 PBI Tournament is POSTPONED due to the COVID-19 pandemic until October 2021.
Hello PBI Tournament participants-
The Tournament Board has been meeting diligently throughout the past several months to determine if it is in the best interest of PBI and the safety of the bowlers to put on our tournament in October. We have determined at this time to cancel the 2020 Paul Bunyan Invitational and reconvene in 2021. This was a very difficult decision that we did not take lightly but feel it is for the best due to the following reasons.
1) Safety is our number one priority and there are still a lot of unknowns and potential spikes going around the country with COVID-19. Due to the fact that we have a lot of out of town travelers that help make our tournament great we do not want to put the health of our bowling friends and family at risk.
2) Due to COVID-19 we have been unable to adequately fund raise and do not have the means to currently do so in our normal venues. This would then impact the award payouts for the tournament. We will be exploring alternative ways to fund raise so please keep an eye out and participate as able!
3) We want to have as many people participate in our tournament as possible and would prefer to not have capacity restrictions in place. Capacity restrictions would limit our ability to socialize and hang with our friends and families that we love to see at these tournaments. This social engagement is what makes tournaments worthwhile and a blast to attend.
4) Hopefully, October 2021 will have less unknowns surrounding this pandemic. If there are still restrictions and limitations, we hope to be more prepared on how to move forward and be able to host this tournament safely while enjoying all the fun filled events!
We hope you all are staying safe and we hope to see you in October 2021! As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
PBI Board of Directors